The new year means getting bombarded with New Year, New You messages. I know because I have sent them myself. It also signals a time when people feel free to let you know that you just can’t cut it and a “New You” armed with resolutions looks so much better…
I say the heck with all those people who want to change you. I don’t want to change you, I want you to get BETTER!! A better you wants to make positive changes and improve on what you have already accomplished. A better you has goals, SMART* goals at that, and knows that the little things complete the big picture.
I don’t want to hear about your resolutions, I want to hear about your GOALS. I’ll share some of mine to get you thinking. Keep in mind that goals are very personal and really only matter to you. So go ahead and think about what you want to improve upon for 2014.
- Fitness: Continue with fitness 45 min at least 3 times a week and add 10 min of yoga for flexibility; find a regular workout time by Feb.
- Health: In conjunction with fitness, monitor food intake to reasonable levels (I can eat like no body’s business!) Keep a food journal and track intake 5 days a week.
- Business: Work consistently and acquire additional clients (virtual assisting & wellness coaching) before March. Becoming more visible, somehow…
- Family: Spend as much quality time as possible with my fur babies and stay in touch with the kids.
- Social: Try to keep the social connections even if it means a quick text to say hey how ya doin? (This one is tough because of school and work).
- Creativity: Read books for pleasure – read at least 2 books per month. Writing a book will come next year 🙂
Your turn! Sometimes it helps putting things “out there”, makes you more accountable
*SMART: Sustainable, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic/Relevant, Timely