I hope everyone had a healthy and happy New Year. We have kicked 2015 to the curb, Now What?
We have a few exciting things to look forward to this year:
- Leap Year! We have an extra day to do something fabulous for ourselves or someone else.
- Elections! We have an opportunity to participate in a democratic process that so many of our brave young men and women have fought for.
Many use this new time of year to reflect about changes, however, I don’t understand why we don’t do that every day. So I ask again, Now What?
What makes this year the one that you will lose 25 pounds, finish that book, clear out the clutter, or join the gym?
Intention. Make 2016 your year of Intention. Do things with a purpose and focus on the things that you really want to do. Start small because you can’t climb Mount Everest if you haven’t walked out your front door.
A few ways to set Intentions:
- A vision board lets you create a visual space to see what you intend to do for the year.
- Affirmations help you laser focus on the things you want to work on
- Calendar reminders help keep you on track and can help with measuring metrics, unless of course you intend to unplug more :).
You get the idea, surround yourself with what you intend to do this year and instead of asking yourself Now What, you can say Now Yes, with Intention.